There are around 200 types of Australian visas. The following are main categories of current visas:
Business Migration (temporary & permanent):
· Business Owner: Ownership interests in a business (or of at least 10% in a publicly listed company) and intends to engage in business in Australia.
· Senior Executive: Must be employed in the top 3 levels of management and intend to engage in business in Australia
· Investment relevant: Successful investment background and intend to engage in investment business in Australia.
General Skilled Migration:
· Independent: For those who are young with relevant education, work experience and English language proficiency.
· Family or State Sponsored: As above with an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident relative, or a state or territory.
· Spouse: Married or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident.
· Prospective Marriage: Engaged to an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident and wish to marry that person in Australia.
· Independent Partner: For couples of same sex in an interdependent relationship.
· Parents: Aged or in working age parents of an Australian citizen or Permanent resident.
· Retirement (temporary): For people in age of retirement with substantial assets to be self-sufficient.
For people seeking opportunities to study in Australia.